Name ABAYNEH ADMASSU ABAYNEH
Date of birth; September 10, 1964
Marital status Married
Address P.O.Box 33224, A.A, Ethiopia
Tel. 251-929-17-51-06 Mobile.
2003 – 2005 Management, distance learning, Addis Ababa
University commercial college (AAUCC).
- Post graduate training in General Surgery at Tikur Anbessa Hospital, Addis Ababa University (AAU)
- Under graduate Medical Education in Gondar College of Medical Sciences (GCMS)
- Kokebe Tsibah Secondary School, Addis Ababa
- Kebena Elementary School, Addis Ababa
2005 Diploma in Professional Management (AAUCC)
1998 Passed USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination)
- Certification in General Surgery (AAU)
- Medical Doctorate (GCMS, AAU)
- SHORT COURSE ATTENDED
1988 Health Management -Ten weeks training at the Ministry of Health training center, Addis Ababa.
- Laparoscopic Surgery – Two weeks advanced laparoscopic surgery training
in Laparoscopy Hospital in India.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy – Two weeks training at Theodore
Bilharz Institute Cairo, Egypt.
Conducted training on First Aid to different institutions
- WORK EXPERIENCE
2010 To date General Surgeon at Bethzatha General Hospital, Addis Ababa
2004- 2010 Medical Director of Bethzatha General Hospital, Addis Ababa
1999-2003 General Surgeon at Bethzatha Medical Center, Addis Ababa
1996-1999 General Surgeon at Debre Markos Hospital
1992-1996 Resident in General Surgery at Tikur Anbessa Hospital, Addis Ababa.
1991-1992 General Practitioner at Armed Forces General Hospital
1990-1991 General Practitioner at Debre Zeit Hospital and for three months
Medical Director of a temporary hospital at a training center.
1988-1990 District Health manager for Merhabete and Selale District
- Ethiopian Medical Doctors Association
- Surgical Society of Ethiopia
- East African Surgical Society
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- A two year prospective study of Uterine Rupture at Debre Markos Hospital 1999 (EAST AFRICAN MEDICAL JOURNAL January 2004)
- Analysis of Surgical Admission at Debre Markos Hospital. 1999 (‘Tropical Doctor’, January 2000)
- COMMUNITY WORK
- Served as member of an Advisory Board for a local orphanage in Debre Markos between 1996 and 1999. Gave regular health education at the same time as providing free health care.
- Served as Chairperson of United World Colleges National Committee-Ethiopia (an NGO selecting and sending gifted students abroad for secondary education)
- Member of an ad hoc group informally known as the ‘Addis Ababa Food Run’ feeding the homeless of Addis Ababa on a weekly basis, including provision of voluntary medical consultations for the poor and destitute.
- Current affairs, Short wave listening, Member of a Gym, visiting places historical interest.